Doreen Hartzell teaches spinning and dyeing to students of all levels that are fun, creative, and confidence building. Both classes and individual instruction is available. Beginners will leave with successful first projects and skills they can build on. Students who already have some experience can learn advanced techniques and receive tailored advice to achieve their goals.
Classes and private lessons are available at the Weaver's Guild of Minnesota but other locations can be arranged. If you are interested in a class for your yarn shop or fiber group, please email Goldfish Love Fibers for rates and travel considerations depending on distance, and class sizes.
Following is a calendar of currently scheduled classes and events, as well as a list of commonly requested classes, such as Art Yarn Technique Classes, Creative Color for Spinners, and more.
- Art Yarn Technique Classes - art yarn spinning can help you learn to play at your wheel again and bring new joy and creativity to your spinning. Technique classes can be tailored to work with any spinning wheel type.
Following are some photo collections on Pinterest for these techniques to help you choose your favorites:
- Corespinning Yarns
- Beaded Yarns
- Layered Yarns
- Scrap Batt Yarns
- Tailspun Yarns
- Working with Art Yarns ("But what do I DO with it?")
- Creative Color for Spinners - don't be scared of color anymore!
- Long Color Change Yarns
- Working with Handpainted Braids
- Custom Requests & Private Lessons - looking for something else? Please feel free to email Goldfish Love Fibers (email@example.com) to see what else is in the works. You can also request private lessons through the Weaver's Guild of Minnesota.